"Capture the essence of the moment", that's my photographic approach. I enjoy getting to journey with people through their wedding day, a day in the life of a family, or celebrating the engagement of lives to be spent together. I see it as a gift to be present in these times. As a result I'm very intentional to relay the wonder of the moment, being both non-intrusive to the atmosphere and space of the experience, yet still being able to capture all of the moments.
I also am passionate about nature photography. When I'm outdoors I experience a sense of renewal through hiking, playing, or simply resting. It is my hope to convey this same feeling in my pictures.
You are insanely talented. I would like to unabashedly give myself the credit for discovering you, bahahahaha. I guess i have an eye for talent. JUST KIDDING. Honestly, the pics look amazing & and I cannot believe the time and work you must have put into everything, so thank you thank you thank you. The pictures are my most favorite part of the wedding, hands down.
-Drea, bride - Clinton, NJ 2009
Thanks so much for these, they look amazing! We looked through them all…twice…brilliant photos!
-Aidan & Joy, bride & groom - Belfast, Northern Ireland 2009
"Wow," and "tee, hee" is about all we've been able to say looking at your photography--until the wee hours last night--nothing short of artwork (subject matter doesn't hurt ;-)
-Chris, groom - Newberg, Or 2008
Thank you again Joel. It makes me feel so much better watching Kate look over my shoulder when we're in the rocking chair and seeing her own face in the black and white family photos behind us on the bookshelf. I appreciate you.
Heidi, mother - Newberg, Or 2008
If you like my portfolio and are interested in hiring me as a photographer for your wedding, portraits, senior pictures, events, location shoots, or anything else, please drop me a line on the contact page for prices and packages.
Why don't I post prices here? I believe in personal connection, and it's easy to dismiss or accept based off numbers. I'd rather talk so you can get a feel for who I am, hopefully that will help more in deciding on a photographer.
That being said, I've provided a few basics about my packages which you can find to the left.
Many people are looking for a specific photographer outside of their local area, or are going to a specific destination where they might need to bring a photographer along.
I've had the opportunity to be invited on these excursions, to places like the Oregon Coast, the Willamette Valley's wine country, the metropolis of Chicago, historic Princeton, and the rolling hills of Northern Ireland.
If you like my work and are interested in flying me in for your wedding, or taking me along on your journey, please drop me a line and I'll give you a free consultation to see if what I offer will fit with who you are and what you're looking for. Feel free to take a look at my basic packages to get an idea of what I'm offering, and then we can discuss the extras involving travel to your specific location.
There's a lot that goes into a wedding, and it can feel very overwhelming. In an effort to relieve some stress, all of my wedding packages come with a full day of shooting. Period. I've found this makes the experience more relaxed for everyone involved, as there's no need to worry whether or not you'll have to pay an hourly fee for going over the time in your contract.
Each package also includes the following:
- Online viewing and purchasing of your photos
- Wedding album (size and number will vary with individual packages)
- 11x14 or 20x30 Canvas Gallery Wrap
- Print credit to use however you want (prints, toward another album, etc.)
- DVD of images sized for Facebook, emailing, blogging, MySpace, or whatever else you use
- DVD of high-resolution images at the end of your online viewing
Other options come with the different packages, so please send me an email for all the details if you'd like to hear more.
The packages range from $1,500 to $2,800, and if you would like to customize an individual package to fit your particular needs please let me know.
Basic portrait sessions are booked at $125 for an hour of shooting. Included with the package are:
- 1 complimentary 11x14 print
- Standard online viewing/ordering of photos (Premium option can be added for an additional charge)
- Location of your choice (multiple locations are great, but it is up to you to make sure there is enough time to get to these locations, otherwise additional charges will be required)
- Clothing changes: as many as you'd like (see above note about time)
More package options are available for senior sessions, newborns, and multi-seasonal shoots. Please email me for details.
Although I'm primarily a wedding and portrait photographer, I also hire out for other events. Whether you're looking for a simple head shot, a photographer for your conference or camp, images of your product/business for publication and marketing, are a non-profit looking for non-profit rates, or anything else, please let me know and we can work out the details.
I've recently been working with:
- Princeton Theological Seminary (Princeton, NJ): events, head shots for web/publication, architecture, historical documenting
- George Fox University (Newberg, OR): campus/student photos for web/publication
- Recording for the Blind and Dyslexic (Princeton, NJ): head/group shots for web/publication, events
- Christian Peacemaker Teams (Israel/Palestine): photojournalism documenting human rights work
- Small World Coffee (Princeton, NJ): events, company portrait
- Twin Rocks Friends Camp (Rockaway Beach, OR): images for publicity
Thanks for letting me be a part of your event! Below you will find a link to your images. If you have any questions feel free to send me an email.
Now included with any online viewing and purchasing site for weddings (and Premium upgrades for portrait sessions) is a new application for Facebook that lets you showcase your wedding photos! Now all your friends and family will easily be able to go directly from your Facebook profile to your photos in one easy click!